MISCO’s engineering staff is led by Chief Engineer Rich Field, who is recognized in the audio industry as a loudspeaker transducer and system design expert. His staff is made up of industry veterans with expertise in magnetic modeling, transducer and acoustical simulations, testing, analysis and system design.
MISCO engineers custom design all types of loudspeakers from 1” to 21”, from deep to shallow designs, from 1 ohm to 1,000 ohms. We design, manufacture and assemble transducers, multiple speaker configure configurations, complete enclosures and amplified systems for a wide variety of uses and environments. We explore concept and feasibility, then design loudspeakers to an exact performance specifications.
- Every part has a solid model and detail drawings. Native CAD language is SolidWorks; we can translate to/from almost any solid model software.
- We can design and supply total systems including enclosures and amplifiers, or make recommendations for optimal performance.
- In addition to standard acoustic and impedance measurements, we can create custom test protocols using LMS, SoundCheck by Listen and a lab of Klippel analyzers including the new Near Field Scanner.
- Prototype speakers mounted into functional enclosures using rapid prototype parts to speed development and increase confidence before releasing tooling
- Our fully automated power test chamber can test individual speakers over 1,000 watts and has 8 channels of voltage, current and temperature monitoring with data logging. Signals can be industry standard noise or tone signals or we can use customer supplied WAV files for exact correlation to the application.