Test & Measurement
State-of-the-Art Klippel Technologies
The unique Klippel measurement tools allow design engineers to see vibrational behavior on a microscope level while operating under large signal, real-world conditions. Anechoic SPL and FFT measurements reveal just the tip of the performance iceberg. It's hard to fix what you can't see. That's as true for transducers and acoustical systems as it is for automobiles. MISCO uses state-of-the-art laser-based measurement tools by Klippel GmbH to observe vibrational behavior on a microscopic level while operating under real-world conditions. Using our state of the art Klippel analyzers and other devices we can identify that a problem exists, understand why it exists, and find the means to solve it. With the clarity of Klippel analysis, we don’t rely on the time-inefficient trial and error, listen-tweak, listen-tweak, development method, shaving weeks or months off of time-to-market.
Our engineers have a deep understanding of how to use our equipment to extract every last iota of relevant data that will help you achieve better performance at a lower cost.
MISCO's measurement capabilities:
- A fully loaded Klippel analyzer system to measure linear parameters (Thiele-Small), large signal parameters, THD, IMD, thermal characteristics, impedance, power handling, maximum output (distortion or compression threshold), power response, traditional SPL (2pi and 4pi), and more.
- A Klippel Near Field Scanner (NFS), a revolutionary new tool to measure the 3D sound radiation pattern of a system. Measurements are done robotically in the near field encircling the device under test (DUT) in a user-defined grid. Klippel software then analyzes and combines each NFS measurement point and extrapolates a far-field sound radiation pattern at any user-defined distance. An excellent tool for DUTs whose on axis “far field” SPL measurements do not accurately describe the performance, such as tabletop radios, portable Bluetooth speakers, and substantial professional audio (PA) speakers.
- Klippel vacuum chamber where acoustic measurements can be performed under vacuum to separate air effects from purely mechanical forces. This method is particularly useful for micro speakers, microphones, and other small transducers.
- An oversize IEC baffle is suitable for 2pi measurements of woofers up to 18 inches.
- High-speed 100% testing rig to detect defective units (e.g., rub & buzz and many other defects) in a noisy production environment
Additional MISCO testing tools and capabilities include:
- SoundCheck by Listen, Inc. accurately measures loudspeaker distortion data such as Total Harmonic (Thd), Intermodulation (IM) and 2nd and 3rd Harmonics.
- True Technologies' automated Life Test measures power handling for both long-term and short-term durability and reliability.
- Near Field Scanner which measures the 3D sound radiation pattern of a speaker system, without the need for an anechoic chamber. This is particularly effective for finished speakers, from portable Bluetooth to large professional sound reinforcement systems.
- Scanning LASER Vibrometer (SCN) to help visualize the vibrational and acoustical behavior of transducers, enclosures, baffles, and other parts throughout the audio range.
- LPM (Small Signal measurements) and LSI (Large Signal measurements) modules which measure linear, non-linear, and thermal parameters and 3D displacement as well as complete distortion testing. Testing can also be performed in a vacuum chamber, which is very helpful when measuring small transducers such as micro-speakers and microphones.
- Suspension Part Measurement (SPM) measures cone surround and spider linear and non-linear movements, while Material Parameter Measurements (MPM) include information, such as Young's Modulus.
For customers who need acoustic design, test & measurement of your audio products:
For purchase of Klippel test equipment – We Can Help
© 1996-2021 MISCO/Minneapolis Speaker Company Inc., All Rights Reserved. MISCO, Bold North Audio, Redline, Warkwyn and Oaktron are registered trademarks of MISCO/Minneapolis Speaker Company Inc.